Do you know?
- Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world which is 8,848 metrees above the sea level.
- The first men to climb the Mount Everest were Tenzing Norgay Sherpa from India and Edmund Hillary from Newzeland on 29th May 1953.
- The First woman to climb the Mount Everest was Junko Tabei from Japan on 16th May 1975.
- Bachendri Pal was the first woman from India to climb Mount Everest on 23rd May 1984.
- The highest peak in Karnataka State is Mullayyana Giri.
- Mariana Trench which has greatest depth on 11,022 metres on the earth is in Pacific Ocean